May may be past, but our memories of it aren’t!
Last week WIT Agent Wailana took a trip to Montreal — she did her sleuthing and checked out the gorgeous parks, funky neighborhoods, and unique cuisine of this laid-back and loveable city. Long dubbed the “Europe of North America,” Montreal has a plethora of foods, sights and activities fit for every type of tourist. Whether you are traveling to Quebec or adding the city to a cruise or rail itinerary, Montreal is a perfect multiday stop of culture and excitement!
Check out her photos in the Gallery.
Top Montreal Activities Wailana recommends:
– checking out the gorgeous Parc Mont Royal and enjoying the Tam Tam drums on Sundays
– window shopping around the picturesque boutiques in Vieux-Montreal
– catching dinner at O’Noir, where the waiters are blind and you are served a “mystery menu” in pitch darkness
– taking part in one of Montreal’s incredible summer festivals, especially the world-famous Jazz Festival
– taking a walking or biking tour, a terrific introduction into the daily life and hidden gems of the city
– vintage clothes shopping on the Plateau
– drinking sangria and munching on crepes
– enjoying the Botanical Gardens on a lazy Saturday
– taking a snack-tour on Saint Laurent and sampling Hungarian sausage, smoked meat sandwiches, and poutine
– gluten-free, vegan or vegetarian? Montreal is a pioneer in innovative food menus, available in their many alternative groceries and eco-friendly restaurants
While there, Wailana had an opportunity to check out firsthand Fitz & Follwell, an incredible tour operator based in a bike shop just off of Saint Urbain on the Plateau. Since it’s establishment four years ago by bike enthusiast Shea Mayer, F&F has grown rapidly and sets itself above the norm in tour quality and passion. They have a range of affordable tours, from family-friendly bike tours around the highlights of the city, to walking tours that explore Montreal’s history through food. Their tour guides are highly skilled and attentive, and you’ll be in safe hands cruising through the streets with a local historian or professional food blogger. Winter tours are also available. Call Wailana at Wittravel to find more info on this terrific company and to discover which tours are available during your stay in Montreal!
For more about Montreal or traveling to Canada, call us at 800.821.0401 or email email@example.com. Seeking a long trip on the amazing Via Rail? We’ve booked several of our clients on trips from Vancouver to Nova Scotia. As a certified expert on Canadian rail, Wailana can answer all your questions and book a fantastic rail getaway for you and yours!