Another exciting update! WIT Blogger Wailana has spent a little over a year in Iceland now, and while she loves every minute of it, is excited to announce that she will be moving to new pastures in Stockholm, Sweden! Yep, the “Venice of the North” will be her home base starting July. From here she will be our field correspondent and blogger on the ground. We can’t wait to hear what stories she’ll have to share.
Though she will miss Iceland and of course still misses Portland, she is looking forward to her adoptive home! This will also give her better access to nearby countries. So stay tuned in the coming months to hear more of her adventures!
Sweden: 5 Things You Didn’t Know
- Passports issued by Sweden (along with Germany) offer visa-free travel to more countries than any other passports–157 in total!
- The official Twitter account of @Sweden is given to a random citizen every week to manage.
- Sweden has run out of trash, so it has started to import garbage from Norway.
- The band ABBA wore ridiculous outfits to avoid Sweden’s taxes, which allowed deductions for clothing if it wasn’t meant to be used every day.
- IKEA names sofas, coffee tables and bookshelves after places in Sweden; beds, wardrobes and hall furniture after places in Norway; carpets after places in Denmark and dining tables and chairs after places in Finland.
If you need insider tips or expert feedback of Stockholm and Sweden, don’t hesitate to email Wailana at email@example.com! She can assist you with trip planning and tours. And if you need a guide on the ground in Stockholm, let her know–she can take you for a walk through the main highlights of this beautiful city. Call Willamette Intl Travel at 503-224-0180 or email Wailana to learn more.
All photos of Sweden courtesy of Wailana