On this day, we honor all the awesome women throughout the world.
Several of our beloved tour companies and travel brands are taking the time to speak out about their projects that benefit women in communities all over the globe:
– Video: Emirates’ all-female crew https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSa4fB3nC9U
– G Adventures’ nonprofit initiative Planeterra, features female-focused projects around the year’s official theme: ‘Time is Now: Rural and urban activists transforming women’s lives’
- Sthree Craft Shop and Cafe in Kandy, Sri Lanka supports women and at-risk youth. Planeterra renovated the space and now 2,000 G travelers pass through each year
- Penduka in Windhoek, Namibia, employs 30 women in a restaurant and handicraft workshop
- Cöp(m)Adam in Ayvalik, Turkey is a social enterprise that provides opportunities for women in impoverished communities
In 2018, we’re seeing a lot of solo adventurers hit the road, and this means loads of solo women travelers too! Many cruise lines are reducing their solo supplement, or getting rid of them altogether, so we won’t be surprised if we continue to see the trend of solo women travelers continue to rise.
Interested in a Solo or Women-only trip? Ask one of our WIT Agents to learn more about such opportunities. Call 503-224-0180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.