It’s never too early to start thinking about your next trip! What about taking a hike come Summer 2019?
Commemorate D-Day’s 75th Anniversary in Normandy with a walk worth remembering. June 6, 2019 marks 75 years of the landing and Battle of Normandy.
7-Day Tour of Normandy
Manoir d’Apreval Cider & Liqueur Estate | Cliffs of Étretat | Arromanches | Omaha Beach | American Military Cemetery | Barneville-Carteret port town | Mont St. Michel | Pointe du Grouin
Call your Willamette Intl Travel agent to book this tour: 503-224-0180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stretch your legs along Easy to Moderate Terrain with a historic and scenic tour of Normandy! Hike along the enchanting northern coast of France, with white coastal cliffs, cathedrals, tidal flats and apple orchards.
Trace the remarkable history of D-Day along the shores of Normandy during a walk from Omaha Beach to the hulking ruins of German bunkers, as your guide recounts how events unfolded that fateful morning. Each day, walk 2.5 to 6 miles across gorgeous, unspoiled coastline and villages.
The pristine Cotentin Peninsula is reminiscent of Ireland with its granite coastline, soaring seabirds, and views of the Isle of Alderney, the closest British island to the French coast.
And of course, the local cuisine is exquisite: a medley of Norman cheeses, Calvados liqueur, fresh mussels, sweet and savory crêpes, and delicious tarte tatin. It’s a feast that pairs perfectly with a panorama that is sure to inspire you for years to come.
- Walk the wet sands leading out to the tidal island of Mont St. Michel and its iconic pyramid-shaped monastery, enjoying views of protected nesting grounds for seabirds along the way.
- Stay in the historic departure ports of French explorers Samuel de Champlain and Jacques Cartier.
- Enjoy coastal walks every day from scenery beloved by French Impressionists, to D-Day Beaches, to the rugged Breton coast.
7-Day tour starts from $4,898, includes:
- All meals except one lunch and two dinners
- Local wine and/or beer with dinner
- Exceptional boutique accommodations
- Local Guide(s) with you 24/7