Amy Osaki from Art Tours by Amy has announced their most recent tour on the Silk Road!
It promises to be a spectacular, one-of-a-kind itinerary focusing on Art and History along China’s Silk Road.
Silk Road of China: Art, History and Archaeology
October 10-20, 2019
Join Art Tours by Amy’s third trip across China, and journey from Xi’an over two thousand miles west to Kashgar. For thousands of years, the Silk Road connected China with the Mediterranean Sea over four thousand miles distant. This route was already a thousand years old when Marco Polo made his journey in 1271.
Call Willamette Intl Travel to arrange your once-in-a-lifetime tour through ancient art and history of the Silk Road
503-224-0180 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Traverses the eastern part of the route, including three Chinese provinces
- Xi’an, home of the Terracotta warriors
- Jiayuguan and westernmost part of the Great Wall
- imposing sand dunes of the Gobi Desert
- Dunhuang and Mogao Caves filled with a thousand years of Buddhist art
- Silk Road city of Turpan
- Bezeklik grottoes
- alpine lake of Tianchi in the Tian Shan (Celestial Mountains)
- Bazaar & mosques of Kashgar
- Muztagh Ata and Kongur Mountains, the tallest peaks in the Pamir and Kunlun mountain ranges
- Pre-Trip Tour Available: Oct 8 in Beijing
View slide show from the previous Silk Road trips: