CITIES AND SITES TO BE VISITED: Amman, Jerash, Madaba, Mt. Nebo, Dead Sea, Petra
You will be met and assisted at the Queen Alia Airport in Amman or the border, and taken to your hotel for overnight.
After breakfast, begin the day with a city tour of Amman that includes the Amphitheater, Citadel, Folklore Museum and Gold Market. Then, in the afternoon, continue to the preserved Roman city of Jerash. Here you can see the Elliptical Forum, the Street of Columns, and the Temple of Artemis, before returning to Amman for overnight.
After breakfast, set off for Madaba. In this intriguing city, observe the famous, geographically accurate, mosaic of Palestine. Next, travel to Mt. Nebo from where Moses viewed the Promised Land, and experience the spectacular panorama of the Jordan Valley, Jericho and the Judean Hills. From here you can also see the remains of a Byzantine church with its impressive mosaic floors. Finish the day with a splash in the Dead Sea before returning to Amman for overnight.
After breakfast, depart early to Petra, the “Rose Red City.” This incredible hidden city, inhabited by the ancient Nabateans, lay concealed from 100 AD until it was re-discovered in early 1800’s. Take a horse ride to the “Siq” (Canyon) into the valley. See the Treasury, carved in pink stone, and continue past the Roman Theatre, the Corinthian Tomb and the Palace Tomb. Return to Amman for overnight.
- Assistance for your arrival and departure by a professional staff member inside the border or airport
- Accommodations at 4* hotel in Amman on bed and breakfast basis
- Transportation by a modern, air-conditioned private car (or mini van for more than 5 passengers) with English speaking driver
- Entrance fees to the above sites and horse ride in Petra
- Local guides in Jerash and Petra
- Departure tax
- Tips for guide and driver (we usually recommend about $4 for the driver and $8 for the guide-all per peson, per day)
- Extras, drinks or meals
- Items of personal nature